Here is an excerpt: How does God speak to us today? How do we understand the sufficiency of God’s Word? Carl, Aimee, and Todd take Sarah Young’s popular devotional “Jesus Calling” to task. In it, Young claims to need more than Scripture to hear from God and has written words “from Jesus” she heard outside of her Bible study. The “Spin Doctors” mortify the book, a product of modern individualism, and offer a few replacement suggestions. What responsibilities do pastors have in confronting this kind of book, or any cultural artifact with which their congregations are interacting?
April 4, 2014
Extra Special Revelation | Alliance of Confessing Evangelicals
By Chi Elmore
About Chi Elmore
My name is Chi Elmore; a husband, father and sinner saved by the abundant grace of Jesus Christ. Studying that I may be found approved by Him who calls us all to repentance and faith in His life, death and Resurrection. View all posts by Chi Elmore
This entry was posted on Friday, April 4th, 2014 at 6:44 am and tagged with Holy Spirit, reformed, revelation, sola scriptura and posted in The Exchange. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
Top Posts & Pages
- RT @BannerofTruth: Faith believes as if it did not work, and it works as if it did not believe. — Thomas Watson https://t.co/HZEQhpOAzP 4 months ago
- Want to win Going Deeper with NT Greek Classroom Pack (value: 319.85)? I just entered to win and you can too. gvwy.io/r3hen1d 11 months ago
- RT @ApologiaRadio: Ray Comfort joins Apologia TV to discuss his newest movie The Atheist Delusion! Listen to Ray share the story of... http… 11 months ago
- RT @michaeljkruger: New post: Did Jesus Even Exist? Responding to 5 Objections Raised by @rawstory bit.ly/1lTe0Lx 1 year ago
- RT @michaeljkruger: New post: What is the Earliest Complete List of the Canon of the New Testament? bit.ly/1Gm8gT8 1 year ago