“Scripture is God’s word, and God’s word is the foundation of morality. When we want to draw people, believers or unbelievers, to that foundation, we should be unashamed to refer to Scripture. I grant that there are many cultural forces telling us not to refer to Scripture in the public square. But we should not listen to them. The attempt of Van Drunen and others to convince us not to apply Scripture to civil matters is a failure.” –John Frame from his review of David Van Drunen, A Biblical Case for Natural Law(Grand Rapids : Acton Institute, no date).
July 15, 2010
John Frame on the Importance of Scripture in the Public Square
By Chi Elmore
About Chi Elmore
My name is Chi Elmore; a husband, father and sinner saved by the abundant grace of Jesus Christ. Studying that I may be found approved by Him who calls us all to repentance and faith in His life, death and Resurrection. View all posts by Chi Elmore
This entry was posted on Thursday, July 15th, 2010 at 12:34 am and posted in The Exchange. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
Top Posts & Pages
- 50-Volume Puritan Paperback Collection Giveaway! topchristianbooks.online/giveaways/50-v… via @topchristianbks 5 months ago
- RT @BannerofTruth: Faith believes as if it did not work, and it works as if it did not believe. — Thomas Watson https://t.co/HZEQhpOAzP 9 months ago
- Want to win Going Deeper with NT Greek Classroom Pack (value: 319.85)? I just entered to win and you can too. gvwy.io/r3hen1d 1 year ago
- RT @ApologiaRadio: Ray Comfort joins Apologia TV to discuss his newest movie The Atheist Delusion! Listen to Ray share the story of... http… 1 year ago
- RT @michaeljkruger: New post: Did Jesus Even Exist? Responding to 5 Objections Raised by @rawstory bit.ly/1lTe0Lx 2 years ago